Beauty Bites <3 A Wild Orange Recipe
Oh these winter months! Nostalgic holidays, peaceful snow, so much to love and so much to celebrate. But my skin! The biting cold always wreaks HAVOC on my skin. So this year I've vowed to find a solution and become more proactive in caring for mine. But all the oil baths, hot yoga, and layers of body butter in the world can only do so much.
As with any problem, we MUST begin remedying from the inside out. After reading up on the yummiest ingredients that gives our skin the most love, I whipped up these cute lil Beauty Bites. Full of SO MANY SKIN LOVES.
1. dōTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil: Incorporating Wild Orange essential oil into your daily routine can load your body up with the tools it needs for glowing skin, healthy energy boosts, and a properly functioning immune system
2. Shredded Coconut: contains caprylic acid! A powerful antimicrobial that helps stop skin breakouts by improving gut health & killing bad bacteria
3. Almond Butter: almonds are packed with Vitamin E. This is THE "skin vitamin", protecting against sun damage and repairing already damaged skin cells.
4. Chia Seeds: these tiny things are so rich in Omega 3's. They've got more Omega 3's in one serving than a whole serving of salmon! Omega 3's reduce inflammation and dryness, and increase circulation. Glowy glowy glowy.
5. Cranberries: these contain the magical resveratrol, an acne fighting compound full of antiseptic properties for clean, acne free skin
6. Raw Honey: full of sweet, yummy antioxidants
7. Cocoa Powder: cocoa contains flavanols (antioxidants) which protect against UV rays (sun damage) and smooth out the skin to create a youthful glowy complexion
8. Turmeric: turmeric is one of those SUPER superfoods. It contains curcumin (an antioxidant) that fights free radicals and is full of anti inflammatory properties to help reduce pores. It has also been known to significantly fade dark spots and acne scars
Whip 'em up for yourselves!
1 cup finely shredded coconut, divided
1 cup almond butter
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raw honey
4 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used organic Balinese cocoa powder)
1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 tablespoons chia seeds
4 drops doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
Pour half of shredded coconut, and the rest of the ingredients into a mixer. Mix on low until evenly combined. Shape dough into bite size spheres and coat with the remaining shredded coconut.
Store in refrigerator + take for a skin drink <3